Heartbeats

I am still beating rhythmically 
The beats though, supported by a machine 

But I don't find myself in my usual place
Can feel something freezing around me

I look closely and find myself enclosed in packs of ice
Looks like I am been carried somewhere in a box

Am I going to get a new abode? 
I wait patiently till I can feel myself getting lifted 

And placed in my new abode
With doctors frantically rejoining my wiring afresh

My wiring fixed, I slowly start beating on my own
I am welcomed with smiles all around

I feel pleasantly surprised 
No one asked me for my name, sex, caste, religion

Or do these not matter now? 
I wonder, even as I keep beating rhythmically!

Comments

  1. This was such a lovely way to pen your thoughts on how the feeling is of every beat of your heart. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lunchbox

Life's Lesson

Goal!