First Love

"I know for sure that you don't love me anymore." she had started her barrage of complaints again, "How could you do this to me?" she demanded an answer even as she munched on a bowl of her favourite chocolate flavoured corn-flakes dipped in low fat milk.

I was a bit ruffled. Oft late she had been acting pretty strange and I couldn't understand the reason for her mood swings. There was not a single day that I didn't have to spend convincing her of my love for her. I started to speak out when she cut me off and said in a melancholic tone, "Is it only because I have gained a little weight recently that you have stopped loving me and are running after that slim and stylish Shweta or is it because I am unable to take as much care of you now as I did earlier?"

Now, that was the reason! So Shweta was the reason behind her change in behaviour over the last couple of days. I kept down the book I was reading, looked at her smilingly and gave out a hearty laugh. She still seemed annoyed. I got up from the sofa-cum-bed and walked up to her bed. Reaching out to her, I held her in a tight hug, kissed her forehead and said, "You know you are my first love and no one can come between us ever. Shweta is just another friend. So, you just relax and be a good girl. The doctors say that if you listen to their advice and take the medicines and treatment properly, we can walk out of this dreaded hospital in a week's time."

For the first time in many days she smiled. Her eyes sparkled as she kissed me. I looked at her lovingly, kissed her cheeks and said, "Granny, you are such a Drama Queen!" even as she burst out into bouts of child like laughter.



This is my first post for Week1 of #MyFriendAlexa. I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with @blogchatter

If you like the post, please do comment, like and share

Comments

  1. How sweet ! The end brought smile on my face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant piece of work, Sash. Way to go !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sashwat, really sweet story the twist at the end was
    Superb 😊👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazingly sweet. Such a chocolaty twist

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable story. Never expected the twist in the end:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet story. What a beautiful way of showing the bond between a granny and her grandchild. Good one! #myfriendalexa #surreads #blogchatter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stories with an unexpected sweet ending like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #MyFriendAlexa #zenithbuzzreads
    www.zenithbuzz.in

    this is such a refreshing post. I enjoyed reading it till the end, the twist in the plot was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lunchbox

Life's Lesson

Goal!