The Debut!

Here it is finally, my blogging debut. Something I have been wanting to do for ages now. Feel as if I have conquered the Everest! Please don't bother much about the title of my blog and don't take it seriously too. Its just something I came up with for want of a better name! But seriously speaking, nonsense is in. You walk out of your home and the only thing you are confronted with is everything nonsensical!

I am now in the midst of shifting cities, from 'Saaddi Dilli' to 'Aamaar Kolkata'. My Bong roots always had a fair sprinkling of the hot and spicy north Indian tadka! I am a Dilliwaala in more ways than one, having spent the last 47 years in Delhi, that is, since birth. But deep down in my heart, I know that my Bong roots have not betrayed me. And as I enter into the last quarter of my earthly existence, the urge to spend time in the 'City of Joy' had only increased multi-fold and hence my decision to shift base to Kolkata.

Kolkata holds a languid charm which you miss amidst the fast pace of life in the national capital. It feels as if a raging river has mellowed down its fury and it is flowing calmly, meandering through in a lazy fashion. But you can feel the vibrancy in the spirit; the city somehow holds you close and soothes your tired nerves after a hard day's work. There is so much to explore in this city, once the bustling capital of India during the British rule. So, even as I savour my last couple of weeks in Delhi, I look forward to my tryst with the City of Joy.

Ciao till my next post!

Comments

  1. wow ! your words kinda tempt your readers to plan their next trip to Kolkata at the earliest . Great start . All the best ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice articulated the 2 States !! Much liked and looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation Sashwata ji and best of luck
    People I like who connect with always his root

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very well-written blog straight from the heart. You have just poured out your heart. The urge to return to the roots. Perhaps, while going through, I was eagerly waiting for you to mention about the enriched culture and how our elders ensure that they pass it on from generation to generation. And above all, I am really blessed to have such a good friend with whom there is so much to learn and share. All the best for your future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lunchbox

Life's Lesson

Goal!