Kolkata - A Foodie's dilemma!

Hello there friends. There has been a considerable gap since my first blog after I moved to Kolkata. A new city, new neighbours, new work environment, you take time to gel in and adjust. Same has been the case with me too. But I believe I have managed to settle in now and am slowly getting adjusted to my new lifestyle.  

Well, I am a self confessed foodie and Kolkata provides more than ample opportunities to treat your taste buds to a variety of lip-smacking options. And most of these are quite pocket friendly. The best place to experience the culinary delights the city has to offer are at its numerous road side eateries where you will find a plethora of options to choose from covering multiple cuisines. So much so that I am always in a dilemma where to start from! 
If you are in Kolkata during Christmas, you cannot miss visiting Park Street for savouring delightful food preparations in many of the wonderful eating joints that one finds in abundance in this part of the town. The atmosphere here during Christmas week stretching to the New Year is just electric and the experience is just awesome. 

Last Christmas I decided to visit one of the most famous outlets in Park Street, Trincas. And I must admit that I did not regret my decision a bit. Trincas has an old world charm that you tend to soak in and enjoy. The menu offers variety of spread and scores high on both quality and variety. To top it all, the prices are reasonably pocket friendly considering the location and popularity it enjoys. And the best part of dining at Trincas is the live music you get to enjoy. This is one tradition that Trincas has held on to which is slowly fading away from most of the establishments which were once famous for introducing and encouraging the live music scene in Kolkata and was an integral part of Kolkata's culinary culture. 

This surely was one of my best dine out experiences for a long time. Highly recommended for anyone visiting Kolkata. 

Till my next post. Tally-Ho! 

Comments

  1. All knows calcutta is calcutta... But the way u describe about trincas, at park street.... Jana padege... Muh me pani aa gaya..... City of joy... Great kolkata
    Thanks Sashwata for delicious day.
    From.. Utpal Bhattacharya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it looks tempting. Though I have never been to Kolkata but the way you made me feel hungry, should be visiting sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written. It seems that 'city Of Joy' is also a 'FOOD PARADISE. '

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully described. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully described. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When in Kolkata, I prefer eating the street food, because when in Kolkata like in Delhi, the best food you will find on the street. The puchkas at Vardhman market, Sharma's chai-nimki. And there was this fusion place we had visited which was Bengali-Mexican/Italian. Had loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post
    regards
    https://www.scubadivingingoa.in/
    https://www.seawatersports.com/activities/best-rated-scuba-diving-in-goa
    https://www.suddhnews.com/2018/09/the-most-popular-water-sports-in-goa.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lunchbox

Life's Lesson

Goal!